Following the event attended by a few of our rowers in January, Bewl Bridge RC organised another virtual event as part of their series. Similarly to the earlier event, our rowers could participate in both 3 and 5k distance events, be it on the ergo or by running (or both!).
Our club entered the Masters C quad that had already entered in the previous event, consisting of captain Manuel Marques (bow), James Knight, Lewin Hynes and Mark Latymer, who again came victorious in their category, with a combined time of 19:09.9!
The same rowers also competed in pairs, with Mark and Manuel finishing 3rd in the Masters B category, and Lewin and James taking 4th place in the Masters C category. Individually, in addition to these four rowers, Nigel Weaver also competed in the Masters G category, finishing 8th with a time of 20:50.5.
James, Manuel and Mark also chose to do the 5k running option, with James winning his category with a very respectable time of 20:35.1, and Mark managing to get his fastest 5k run time of this year – well done to both!
Full results below and spreadsheet with all the details accessible here. Our thanks to Bewl Bridge RC for organising this event, which is keeping us motivated throughout this lockdown.
- 1x MasC (Lewin Hynes) – 5th place, out of 24 entrants;
- 1x MasC (Mark Latymer) – 14th place, out of 24 entrants;
- 1x MasD (James Knight) – 10th place, out of 21 entrants;
- 1x MasG (Nigel Weaver) – 8th place, out of 12 entrants;
- 1x MasA Lwt (Manuel Marques) – 1st place, out of 2 entrants; ?
- 2x MasB (Marques/Latymer) – 3rd place, out of 4 entrants; ?
- 2x MasC (Knight/Hynes) – 4th place, out of 7 entrants;
- 4x MasC (Marques/Knight/Hynes/Latymer) – 1st place, out of 3 entrants; ?
- 1x MasA (Manuel Marques) – 3rd place, out of 7 entrants; ?
- 1x MasC (Mark Latymer) – 5th place, out of 5 entrants;
- 1x MasD (James Knight) – 1st place, single entrant. ?
Some images from our Spitfire rowers taking part on the challenge: